Are you searching for; how to remove tan from face or skin? If Yes, then you are landed on the perfect page.
This is the query which most of the people search for mostly in summer and if you are also one of those and looking for the best and easy solutions then the help is underway.
The home remedies which I am going to mention in this article will help you easily remove sun tan from face, hands, neck or any part of your body you want.
Table of Contents
What Causes Skin Tanning?
During the summer most of us engage ourselves in different outdoor activities like Swimming, going to Beaches, etc to gain Vitamin D and to darken the skin.
Some people expose the whole body like arms, legs, etc. and others only a few parts. Each skin type is different and needs a different amount of exposure to the skin. Not everybody knows this!
At the start, the body tends to darken with the increased production of melanin but when too much sunlight is absorbed by the body then the situation becomes worse and that’s how the body gets tanned.
Here is a complete report by NCBI, how the sun rays cause the skin to tan. (1)
Now what, if the skin gets tanned?
Simply apply the remedies mentioned below to remove tan from face or skin instantly.
How To Remove Tan From Face and Skin Instantly
The given below are some of the proven home remedies which will work for both men and women and are 100% safe to use. Just apply them and you will see noticeable results.
We all know the bleaching and skin whitening properties of lemon and here I am going to tell you how you can use it to remove your tan.
- Cut the lemon into 2 halves and apply it on your tanned part
- Leave it for about 5-10 minutes and then wash it with plain water
- Apply it minimum once a day to see quick results
Please Note: If you have sensitive skin then don’t apply it directly on your face.
2. Yogurt and Tomato Paste
- Take 1 Tbs of both yogurt and tomato paste and mix them well
- Apply the paste on your tanned skin
- Leave it for about 30 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water
- Use it alternate days a week to see desired results
3. Honey and Papaya
Honey is very good for our skin and if mixed with papaya it can produce wonder in cleaning the skin.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of papaya pulp with 1 tablespoon of Honey
- After making the paste, apply it and leave it for about 15 to 30 minutes
- Rinse it off with cold water and use it at least 3 days a week
4. Buttermilk and Oat Meal
- Take 2 tablespoons of Oat Meal and 3 Tbs of Buttermilk
- After making a mixture apply it on your tanned skin
- Massage it gently in a circular motion for 2 to 3 minutes and leave
- After about 15-20 minutes you can wash it off using cold water
- Do it regularly (twice a week) for fast results
5. Yogurt and Orange Juice
Yogurt is one of my favorite ingredients and it is very useful. You can use yogurt in diverse ways to remove not only skin tan but to also get soft and clear skin.
Here I am going to tell you, how you can use it with orange juice.
- Take 1 Tbs of both and mix the well to make a paste
- Gently massage it on your skin and leave for about 20-30 minutes
- After that, you can rinse it off with cold water
- Apply it daily to get desired results quickly
6. Milk Cream and Strawberry
- Mash 3-6 strawberries and mix with 2 tablespoons of milk cream
- Apply it properly on your tanned part and leave for about 30 minutes
- After that, rinse it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process minimum thrice a week for quick results
7. Turmeric and Milk
- Take half teaspoon of turmeric with 2 Tbs of milk
- Mix them properly and make a mixture
- Now, apply this mixture properly on the tanned part and leave for at least 15 minutes
- After it dries, rinse it off with normal water
- You can apply it alternate days a week to get rid of tan fast
8. Ice to Remove Tan
- Take some ice in a cloth and rub it gently on your skin
- Doing so not only remove tan but also reduces itching and burning
- Do it just 2 to 5 minutes and repeat it 2 to 3 times a day
9. Gram Flour and Rose Water
This remedy will not only help you in removing the skin tan but also makes your skin look beautiful by giving it a fair complexion.
- Take 2 Tbs of each and make a paste
- Apply the mixture on the affected area and leave for about 20-30 minutes
- After that, rinse it off with cold water
- Repeat it once a day for quick results
Tomatoes have antioxidant properties and they are also very effective in removing the sun tan from the face or any other part of the body.
- Take a tomato and cut it into 2 halves
- Gently rub it on your skin in a circular manner
- Leave it for about 30 minutes and then wash it off with normal water
- You can use it 2 times a day for best results
11. Rice Flour, Tomato Paste, Fullers Earth, and Rose Water
- Take 2 Tbs rice flour, 1 Tbs fullers earth, 1 Tbs tomato paste, and 2 Tbs rose water
- Mix all the ingredients well and make a paste
- Now apply it on your tanned skin and leave for about 15 minutes
- Repeat it twice a week to get rid of tanned skin
Useful Tips to Avoid Sun Tan
Here are a few tips which you should follow in order to get remarkable results.
1. Avoid Going Out in Direct Sunlight
I know you are wondering what kind of tip it is but it is a very good one. So, in order to avoid the sun tan prevent yourself from going out in direct sunlight unless it is very necessary.
If you have to go outside in the direct sunlight then make sure you take an umbrella with you.
2. Apply Sun Screen
If you have to go outside when the sun is shining at its best then don’t forget to apply sunscreen.
Some points to keep in mind:
- Make sure you apply it before 10-15 minutes of going outside
- Always check the expiry date of it before applying
- Buy a good quality sunscreen
- Reapply sunscreen after every 2 hours if you are out in sunlight
3. Take Beta Carotene Supplement
This supplement is very effective in boosting the natural defense system of the body against UV rays and help the body fight against the tan.
For a normal adult, a daily dosage of 25g of this supplement is enough. (2)
Please Note: Before taking this supplement consult with your doctor.
4. Eat Tomatoes and Oranges
Both tomatoes and oranges are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C and increase the production of lycopene in the skin which works as a natural SPF.
So, make sure that you add them into your daily diet for beautiful and healthy skin.
The Bottom Line!
Now it’s your turn, simply pick any of the home remedies which you find suitable for yourself and apply to remove sun tan from face or any other part of the body almost instantly. These remedies will not only soothe your skin but also give it a soft and clear look.
Lastly, I would like to say, that use the comment box to let me know which remedies have worked for you and which not. I’d love to hear your response.
Liked the article? Don’t forget to share it.