Having a beautiful and healthy set of teeth is very important for overall well being but there are some oral issues that can make you look unappealing like missing or crooked teeth, plaque, gum disease or calculus buildup. Hence it is important that you visit a dentist regularly. With a professional cleaning and regular checkups, you can avoid any of these dental issues for healthy teeth and gums. One of the most common oral issues that affect a large number of people is known as Calculus Bridge.
In this article, I am going to discuss all about Calculus bridge, it’s symptoms, causes, and treatment.
What is Calculus Bridge?
Calculus is also known as tartar which is the white or yellowish deposits on the surface of the teeth. It is caused when the pre-existing plaque has become hardened. This accumulation of the oral debris covering the teeth as well as the spaces in between the teeth is known as Calculus Bridge. This is formed due to the precipitation of the minerals taking place in presence of gingival crevicular fluid and saliva. It is either formed in center line on sulcus in between the subgingival and teeth or it is found along the gum line which is composed of organic and inorganic components.
It is very important to remove Calculus Bridge because it is loaded with bacteria. That is why you must visit a dentist to remove the tartar and tenacious build up inside the teeth. This process is also known as debridement that helps in removing large quantities of build up that are present on the teeth surface with the use of high-frequency vibrations with water for extricating the tartar. The removal can also be done with root planning or scaling but in extreme cases, a gum surgery may be required for complete removal of calculus.
The Symptoms of Calculus
Following are some of the common symptoms of it.
- Bridge include tooth decay
- Receding gum line
- Bad breath
- White or yellow hard deposits on teeth
- Chronically inflamed Gingiva
- Tooth loss due to the deep penetration of tartar or calculus inside the teeth.
A regular dental cleaning is very important to avoid any oral issues.
Causes of Calculus Bridge
There could be many causes of it, like:
- Unhealthy diet
- No Care of Teeth
- Too much consumption of Sweets and Chocolates
If proper treatment is not given at early stages, it continues growing and end up with tooth removal.
Calculus Bridge Treatment
When the plaque and tartar become hard and it cannot be removed with regular brushing and flossing then you must look for the different treatment options that will help you remove it efficiently.
Here are the 2 most common ways to remove it properly.
1. The first treatment is ultrasonic removal that involves using vibrations of high frequency that helps in scraping off the remaining calcium deposits and tartar.
2. Hand tools are also used for cleaning the teeth surface so that smaller deposits of calculus can be removed as these tools are specially designed according to the shape of the teeth for efficient cleaning of the teeth. The treatment will offer you smooth, clean and healthy teeth. After the treatment, you will feel refresh for a longer period of time without any kind of build up or bad breath.
Wrapping it Up!
We must do regular brushing minimum twice a day in order to prevent any oral issues. But if due to any reason you see the symptoms of calculus bridge (which I have mentioned above) then instantly go to the dentist and start the treatment process without any delay.